Rector of the University of Economics in Bratislava based on the recommendations of the Crisis Staff for monitoring, evaluating the situation and taking measures in relation to the occurrence and spread of COVID-19 coronavirus in order to reduce the risk of virus spreading
The Rector's measure no. 3
specifying, amending and supplementing the measures issued on 8 March 2020:
- From Monday, March 9, 2020 to Saturday, March 21, 2020 (included), both full-time and part-time study programs at all teaching departments (Bratislava, Košice, Michalovce, Virt) have been suspended. The teaching process will take the form of self-study or other relevant methods. Details shall be determined by the deans of the faculties and the persons authorized by them.
- From Monday 9 March 2020 to Saturday 21 March 2020 (included), teaching at the University of the Third Age is suspended and all the UTV activities organized by the University of Economics in Bratislava (in all educational centers) have been canceled.
- From Monday, March 9, 2020 to Saturday, March 21, 2020 (included), the consultations of study departments, other university sections and of teaching staff have been canceled. Students are encouraged to communicate with these departments and employees only via email or telephone. Details shall be determined by the deans of the faculties and the persons authorized by them.
- From Monday 9 March 2020 to Saturday 21 March 2020 (included), all collective events organized at the premises of the University of Bratislava and Košice, organized by the University and other entities, have been canceled.
- Students in dormitories (with an exception of foreign students) are requested to leave the dormitories during the time of teaching suspension If an infection occurs in a dormitory, students will have to be isolated and the dormitory will be closed.
- Visits to dormitories of the University are prohibited with the immediate effect.
- From Tuesday, March 10, 2020 to Saturday, March 21, 2020 (included), the operating and borrowing hours of the Slovak Economic Library have been canceled.
- From Friday, 13 March 2020 until the further notice, all planned admissions of foreign partners and students from the coronavirus confirmed areas have been canceled.
- From Friday, 13 March 2020 until the further notice, all staff missions abroad have been canceled.
- With an immediate effect until a further notice, students' mobilities have been canceled in connection with the directive of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Slovak Republic (this applies to students planning to travel abroad and does not apply to students who are abroad).
- Following the decision of the Erasmus + National Agency for Education and Professional Training of 10 March 2020, the National Agency changes its decision made on 28 February 2020. The granting of the “force majeure” in cases related to coronavirus and in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Slovak Republic, the competence has the higher education institution, so it is not necessary to inform the National Agency of such cases. If a student or an employee does not travel but has incurred certain costs (e.g. travel or prior-paid accommodation) in connection with Erasmus + mobility, he or she is entitled to be reimbursed for the reasons of force majeure. Students and staff who decide to return early from abroad shall be treated in the same way as other cases of early return due to force majeure, with the possibility of reimbursing such participants for the travel costs related to home return.
- All employees and students who have returned to the Slovak Republic from their mobilities in the People´s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, Iran and Italy from 9 March 2020 are requested to notify by telephone or email their healthcare provider with whom they have a healthcare agreement. It is also obligatory to report this fact to the relevant senior staff; students are required to report this fact to the University's International Mobility Department.
- All employees and students who have returned from their coronavirus confirmed areas from 9 March 2020 are instructed to remain in isolation for at least two weeks after their return. It is also obligatory to report this fact to the relevant senior staff; students are required to report this fact to the University's International Mobility Department.
- From Friday 13 March 2020 to Saturday 21 March 2020 (included) all the senior staff shall be obliged according to the § 52 sect. 5 of the Labor Code to agree with their subordinate pedagogical and scientific research staff to work at home with imposing specific tasks, deadlines for their fulfillment and a proof of their fulfillment. This shall not apply to employees whose presence at the workplace is necessary at the discretion of the persons responsible for the implementation of this measure.
- From Friday 13 March 2020 to Saturday 21 March 2020 (included) senior staff shall be obliged, according to the § 141 sect. 3 , letter b) and § 142 sect. 3 of the Labor Code to give the non-pedagogical and non-research employees the time off. This shall not apply to staff working on shifts and ensuring continuous operation or other staff whose presence at the workplace is necessary at the discretion of the persons responsible for the implementation of this measure.
- From Friday, March 13, 2020 to Friday, March 20, 2020 (included), the opening hours of the cafeteria/canteen in the building V1 (Faculty of National Economy and Faculty of Commerce) will be canceled.
- From Friday 13 March 2020 to Friday 20 March 2020 (included), the provision of meals to the staff of the University shall be regulated. The food delivery in the canteen in building V2 will be based on a previous order from 11.00 to 12.00 o´clock, the food delivery in ŠJ Dolnozemská will be from 11.00 to 12.00 hours, the food delivery in the SD Ekonóm is unlimited.
- It is mandated to tighten the daily hygienic regime of premises and persons at the university workplaces according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health.
General measures to prevent or minimize damage include:
- increased compliance with hygiene rules,
- frequent washing of hands with soap and water, or use of alcohol-based hand detergents,
- covering your nose and mouth while coughing and sneezing with a disposable tissue which must be thrown in the bin,
- avoiding close contact with people who show symptoms of rhinitis or flu,
- treatment at home in case of illness,
- prevent unprotected contact with wild or farmed animals,
- consumption of boiled meat and eggs,
- check your health (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) 14 days after you arrive from coronavirus confirmed areas,
- contact or seek medical advice for clinical symptoms after returning from a coronavirus confirmed area.
- remain in isolation for at least two weeks after returning from coronavirus confirmed areas,
- avoid any contact with people and wear protective clothing if the contact is necessary.
We ask all the staff and students to have a responsible attitude and caution in the appearance of any signs of acute respiratory disease and mutually recall all the preventive measures.
Responsible employees are asked to inform people who do not have access to the computer of these measures.
Bratislava 11. 3. 2020
prof. Ing. Ferdinand Daňo, PhD.