Applications for the recognition of diplomas issued by a foreign higher education institution, duplicates of diplomas and final certificates, certificates for the social security purposes, certificates confirming the correctness of data on academic qualifications are provided by the Pedagogical Department of the UEBA.
Application procedure for the recognition of diplomas issued by a foreign higher education institution
Applications for the recognition of diplomas are to be submitted in writing. The application shall be accompanied by:
- certified copy of a diploma issued by a recognized university and certified translation into Slovak language
- certified copy of the transcript of completed subjects and examinations and certified translation into Slovak language
- certified copy of a diploma supplement, if such a document is issued by a recognized university and certified translation into Slovak language
- copy of a document on education prior to the education which is the subject of the application
- confirmation of the authenticity of signatures and the seal of a recognized university on the diploma by a Competent Authority in a third State
- proof of payment of the administration fee 5€ or 30€, depending on the country where the document was issued (see Application for academic recognition of a diploma).
Please send your application for the recognition of diploma to following address:
University of Economics in Bratislava
Dolnozemská cesta 1
852 35 Bratislava
The decision on recognition of diplomas issued by the EU in Bratislava after considering an application by the faculty, which performs the same or a related degree program.
Details on the recognition of the education and fees document can be obtained from: